Area Rug Cleaning
Area rugs can be exquisite additions to your home, but depending on how they’re made, caring for them may be difficult. High end, hand-knotted Oriental rugs, for example, require a very careful, very specific type of care to ensure their fibers stay intact, colors don’t migrate, and their value is preserved.
Proper rug maintenance can help to keep area rugs from getting damaged. However, sometimes just basic use and functionality can cause issues such as torn fringes, color fading and bleeding, and worn fibers, which, if not properly repaired, can devalue both the form and function of your pieces.
At times like these, the best way to bring the luster back into your rugs is to let the professionals care for them.
The Benefits of Professional Cleaning
Professional care is the best option when it comes to cleaning, protecting, and repairing your rugs. Here, at SteamWay, we understand the needs of all types of rugs. Be it Persian, hand-knotted artisan, Karastan, Wilton, custom-bordered, or a machine-made floor covering, nothing can beat the quality service our company provides.
We make sure that all rugs that come into our hands are well taken care of. Our cleaning process will guarantee only the best possible results in the fastest time possible. We will never take our eyes off of your valuable rugs, from the initial inspection all the way to delivery or pickup – proving that the SteamWay standard is the epitome of all rug cleaning services.
With our help, you are giving your rugs the protection it needs, and helping prevent the following disasters:
- Premature wear due to excess soiling
- Pet odor removal
- The presence of mold and mildew
- Heavy wear and tear
- Weakening of structural integrity
- Color fading and bleeding
- Unraveling fringe
- Unsecured side cording and wrapping
- Shrinkage of material
- Torn surfaces
- Insects burrowed deep within fringes and fibers
Area Rug Cleaning Process
Cleaning your area rugs properly is a great way to maintain their form, function, and beauty. While vacuuming them regularly and treating for spots is a good place to start, the best way to ensure their longevity is to let the professionals at SteamWay care for them at least annually, if not more often than that. While machine-made rugs may be able to withstand many types of generic cleaning processes, high-end hand-knotted rugs truly do require a more delicate, expert form of care. These rugs can become heirlooms passed down for generations, so you want to ensure they are protected through any necessary cleanings and repair processes.
SteamWay’s Cleaning Process Explained
For more than 30 years we have specialized in cleaning and caring for area rugs. We follow this standard process of assessment and treatment in order to ensure all rugs are taken care of properly:
- Perform a detailed pre-cleaning inspection and create a list of recommendations to get your rug’s beauty back.
- Analyze the rug’s condition to determine any specific areas that need attention.
- Vacuum the rug to loosen any soil and debris particles.
- Pre-treat any spots and stains in preparation for the next steps.
- Clean the rug’s fringe, as well as any adornments and decorations that it may have.
- Clean the rug by the safest method possible, based on its material and condition.
- Apply topical treatments as necessary/requested.
- Groom the rug until it achieves a uniform appearance before sending it to our humidity-controlled drying room.
- Once dried, inspect the rug to ensure it meets our high standards of quality. If we are not satisfied with its appearance or condition, we will repeat our process until we achieve this standard.
- The rug is rolled up in brown paper wrapping and ready to be sent back to its owner.